Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Psalm 50

I approach you Jesus, and God you love me despite me.
Have mercy on me oh God
- Approach God based on WHO HE IS, not on my merits. God is mercy and love
Psalm 51:1-12
-Approach God HUMBLY, honestly, in light of who God is. I can't clear my transgressions, my iniquities, my sins, blot out my transgressions oh God. I'm wrong.
- Approach God with faith, with confidence of what He's already done for me.
YOU ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.
It wasn't our performance that forgave us, it was Christ's.
"Have mercy on me, O God, 
according to your unfailing love; 
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions. 
Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin." 
Psalm 51:1-2

God,
I'm turning 25 years old in just 5 days. Right now in life I'm getting back into playing soccer, pick up and amateur league, with hope to getting into semi-pro again. I'm planning on pursuing a physical therapy aide job for experience and preparing myself for my next step in my life and in my career. I'm saving money and starting payments on my student loans. I'm praying that this passion to read your word and pursue you God stays fervent. Please help me God. Help me to spend more time in your presence. Prepare my soul to have conversation with you God.
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, 
and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 
Do not cast me from your presence 
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation 
and grant me a willing spirit, to 
sustain me." 
Psalm 50:10-12
Thank you God. Thank you for my ten fingers and my ten toes. Thank you for the ability to swallow. Thank you for the ability to blink. Thank you for my veins being strong enough to pump blood throughout my body. Thank you for the hair on my head and thank you for my hands and feet. Thank you for loving me God. Thank you for your breath in my lungs. Amen.
YOUR LOVE IS STRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment